To save time, maximize compound interest, and avoid unnecessary exposure of a cold wallet, you can set an executor to claim rewards for you. Executors then use automatic claiming to send rewards directly to your account.
To set an executor you only need to enter its address in the Flare Portal.
However, the Flare Portal does not help you find executor addresses, so you must find them in different ways, depending on whether they are manual or registered:
- Manual executors are ones that you locate yourself. Whether they charge a fee or not and how you pay it is between you and the executor.
- Registered executors are listed in a smart contract and can be retrieved, for instance, using the Block Explorer or third-party applications. These executors charge a fee when you set them up and every time they claim for you.
Overview of autoclaiming functionality
For an overview of what is available for the entire autoclaiming feature, see Automatic Claiming in the Concepts section.
To enable an executor, obtain its address off-chain or, for registered executors, on-chain.
The list of registered executors has not been added yet to the Flare Portal, but a manual method is given below using the Block Explorer (recommended for advanced users).
Find a registered executor (using the Block Explorer)
To find an executor you will need to use the
See the Contract Addresses page to learn how to find the address of this contract.
- In the Block Explorer, paste the address of the
ClaimSetupManagercontract and scroll down to select the Read Contract tab.
- To get the available executors' addresses, scroll down to
getRegisteredExecutorsand enter a range of how many addresses to check, for example,
0in the _start field and
10in the _end field.
- Click Query. The Block Explorer returns the addresses and the total number available, so you can know if you've gotten them all.
- To get the executor's fee, copy one address at a time and enter it in the executor field for
- Click Query. In the future, there will be more criteria to help with making this decision.
- Choose an executor and copy its address.
Enabling Automatic Claiming#
Now that you have your desired executor's address, you can set it as the executor for your account.
- Open the Flare Portal.
- Click Connect to Wallet and log into your wallet. The interface to your Main Account opens.
- In the Executor section, click Add.
- Paste the executor's address. A message confirms the executor's fee, whether it is a registered executor, and whether rewards go to your Main Account or your Personal Delegation Account (PDA).
- To set this executor, click Confirm. Your wallet opens with the details of the transaction.
- Review the transaction and confirm it.
If you confirm the executor, the Flare Portal displays the executor address you have selected, whether it is registered, and it's fee. There is also a Change button that enables you to remove or change the executor any time you choose.
Checking for Accrued Rewards#
To check if you have accrued rewards, go to the Flare Portal:
- Click Connect to Wallet and log into your wallet.
- Select your Main Account or Delegation Account, if you have enabled a PDA.
- At the bottom of the screen, see the Claim x FLR button, where x is the number of
$FLRrewards you have.
Reward must be high enough to pay the executor's fee
If the reward amount is too low to accommodate the fee, automatic claims won't occur, so you may see small amounts of unclaimed rewards even if you have autoclaiming set up.