Hardware wallets are considered among the more secure options to manage crypto assets and store private keys. Your crypto assets can remain safe, even if your computer or phone is compromised, as long as you keep your recovery phrase safe and review all transaction details before confirming transactions.
To use your Trezor device with Flare (
$FLR) or Songbird (
$SGB), first make sure that you have:
- Initialized your Trezor device with a recovery phrase.
- Protected your Trezor device with a PIN code.
- Trezor Suite is installed, open and ready to use.
- Enabled Ethereum under the Crypto tab in Trezor Suite.
- Installed the latest Trezor device firmware.
- Installed the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Installed the MetaMask browser extension.
Use Trezor T Device with MetaMask#
You can access Flare and Songbird by using your Trezor T with the MetaMask browser extension.
- Open the MetaMask browser extension in your browser.
Click Custom RPC in the network dropdown.
Field Value Network Name Songbird New RPC URL https://songbird-api.flare.network/ext/C/rpc Chain ID 19 Currency Symbol SGB Block Explorer URL https://songbird-explorer.flare.network
- Select Flare or Songbird in the network dropdown.
- Connect and unlock your Trezor device.
- Click your account image and Connect Hardware Wallet.
- Select Trezor and click Continue.
- Follow the on screen instructions to export your public key.
- Select your Account and click Unlock.
Please note that the provided Flare RPC node is only for individuals and not for commercial use.
Companies and developers may contact Flare Networks to arrange dedicated access.
You will see your
$SGB balance on the overview.
To receive tokens, copy your account address and share it with the sender.
To send tokens, click Send and enter the recipient address, enter the desired amount and click Next.
Follow the on screen instructions to confirm or reject the transaction on your Trezor device.
Always review all transaction details on your Trezor device before confirming any transaction!
Wrap and Delegate#
Once connected to a Flare network, enter the address of the website or dapp you wish to use to wrap and delegate in the MetaMask browser. A few FTSO data providers have developed dApps integrated with their websites that allow users to wrap, delegate and claim SGB and Flare rewards. Delegating using this method is not exclusive to one specific provider, as these dapps allow you to choose from a number of different providers.
Other providers have their own websites and are developing similar dapps. See the full list of active data providers on flaremetrics.io.