Brave Browser now offers a non-custodial software wallet on both Windows and macOS for Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) integrated chains such as Songbird.
To use Brave Wallet with Songbird (SGB), first make sure that you have:
- Downloaded Brave Browser to your computer, *version 1.34.80 or later.
- Initialized a Brave wallet or restore an existing one.
- Protected your Brave wallet with a password.
- Backed up your crypto wallet with a 12-word recovery phrase.
Once your wallet is set up you will need to connect to Songbird. Connecting to the Songbird involves adding a custom network via the following steps:
- Open Brave Browser on your computer.
- Navigate to settings and select ‘Wallet’ from the list of options.
- In the box on the right click ‘Networks’, then ‘Add’.
- Input the following information in the appropriate fields:
a) The id of new chain:
b) Enter name of new chain:
c) Chain’s currency name:
d) Chain’s currency symbol:
e) Chain’s currency decimals:
f) RPC URLs:
g) Icon URLs: (leave blank)
h) Block Explorer URLs:
i) Click ‘Submit’
To finish connecting:
- Enter your password and login to your wallet.
- On the left of the screen next to ‘Balance’ click the drop-down menu and select Songbird.
- Songbird network connection is now complete.
Wrap and Delegate#
Brave users can access existing decentralized applications (dApps) created by independent signal providers to wrap and delegate their SGB/WSGB, via the following steps:
- Open Brave Browser and login to your wallet (make sure you are connected to Songbird).
- Open a second search tab within Brave.
- Enter the address of the website or dApp you wish to use to wrap and delegate in the search bar at the top of the screen.
Delegating using this method is not exclusive to one specific signal provider, as some dApps (such as FTSO AU) allow you to choose from several different signal providers.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Brave wallet and sign transactions when wrapping, delegating, or claiming rewards.
Other signal providers are hosting similar websites or dApps for wrapping and delegation. See the full list of signal providers on Songbird at flarematrics.io