D'CENT Biometric Wallet is a noncustodial hardware wallet and is considered one of the most secure ways to manage your crypto assets.
Purchase a D'CENT Biometric hardware wallet from the official D'CENT shop or download their software wallet/mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Then either initialize a new wallet or import an existing one from a recovery phrase.
The official D'CENT device setup help guides can be found here: https://userguide.dcentwallet.com/biometric-wallet/setting-up.
Adding Flare Tokens#
After your device is set up and synced with the mobile app, complete the following procedure to add native tokens
$SGB to your listed assets. Although this procedure also explains how to add the wrapped tokens
$WSGB to your listed assets, you can automatically add
$WSGB using the Flare Portal.
- Ensure the D'CENT biometric wallet is updated with the latest firmware, v2.24.0 or later.
- Login to your D'CENT mobile app and have your device turned on, unlocked, and paired via Bluetooth.
- Click the + sign on the bottom right of the Account tab.
In the Search box, search for one of the following tokens to add, and select the result:
Songbird Token (SGB)
Wrapped Flare (WFLR)
Wrapped Songbird (WSGB)
Name your new account, and click Create.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each token you want to add to the list of assets in your wallet.
Wrap and Delegate#
When you delegate your vote power to FTSO data providers, you not only support the Flare ecosystem but also earn monetary rewards.
You can wrap and delegate your
$SGB using D'CENT's native FTSO Portal:
Delegation instructions for the Flare network are awaiting confirmation.
- Click the Discovery tab at the bottom middle of the screen.
- Select the FTSO Portal from the menu then click Go.
- Choose the Songbird account you wish to use and click Connect.
- You will need to wrap your
$SGBby clicking SGB ↔️ WSGB marked in green near the top middle of the screen.
- Input the
$SGBamount you want to wrap and click the green SGB ↔️ WSGB box.
- Click Confirm and follow the prompts to sign the transaction with your hardware device.
- You can now delegate your
$WSGBby clicking Add delegation.
Select a provider and input the percentage of your
$WSGBholdings you want to delegate to their service and press Delegate.
Providers listed as a Partner have additional security features integrated with D'cent.
Click Confirm and follow the prompts to sign the transaction with your hardware device.
- To add a second provider (up to two), repeat steps 7 through 9.